Disney-comics digest #515.

Don Rosa 72260.2635 at compuserve.com
Fri Dec 9 15:08:32 CET 1994

ROBERT:
	I'm glad you found your way on here! Allow me to mention
something that I appreciate, as would others who pay to receive this
Digest over other computer services. Please don't repost or reprint
sections of past Digests simply to make comments on them. There's no
reason to do this -- you can just as easilly make a brief reference to
the previous comment rather than reposting the whole mess -- and some of
us won't hafta pay for the extra words. Of course, just you doing this
would be a neglible extra expense, but I think that asking everyone
together to stop this (as we do bit by bit) it saves some of us (ME
anyway) up to $20-$30 per month. Thanks!
	There was no "D.U.C.K." on that "Land Beneath the Ground" cover
as it was a reprint from about 6 years ago... and believe me, it was
painful to see that cover reused without a disclaimer such as "Don Rosa
would like to apologize for the crudity of this cover as it doesn't
measure up to his current level of semi-crudity" or something. Readers
thought that was a new cover, I'm sure.
	And someone already mentioned that gold coat... and I mentioned
that something as valuable as a solid gold coat made out of Jason's
golden fleece would hardly be in a junk closet. Anyway, I figure that he
unraveled the coat and put the fleece back in the bag, as I've shown the
bag of fleece several times in $crooge's trophy collection.

GEIR:
	It's always a happy day when you show up on the Digest! One of
these days I'll actually SEE you when I visit Norway. I hope Rolf let
you have the glass full of special Kentucky bourbon that belonged to you
but which was somewhere inside his bottle.
	Oh, pshaw, that drawing I dashed off for Rolf was done sitting
on his couch in a few minutes. I prefer to take a bit of TIME on
drawings that I know people will actually frame and hang. But does he
also have that library journal cover? That was an all-day job... MUCH
better!
	Don't worry about Bark's Weasel suing you. He'll be too busy
being a sue-ee. My lawyer served papers on him about a month ago.

MARK:
	I don't know about that COMICS JOURNAL interview. It was done by
Dana Gabbard in *1989*!!! It took him over 5 years to type it up and
submit it! So MUCH has happened since then... I'd say 90% of
everything!... that I can't imagine it being of much interest. But
maybe it still holds some interesting remarks. They need to contact me
to have R.C.Harvey do an update to it and for me to do a cover to go
along with it, but that hasn't happened yet, so I don't know when it
will appear. Maybe 5 more years.

DWIGHT:
	Yes, I regard my stories as taking place in the early-mid 50's,
and that solves every single problem I might have with anachronisms. How
you or other writers would handle it is up to you. But I think Egmont's
"official" attitude is that the Duck Universe is stuck in a time warp.
It's not 1954 nor 1994... it's just... there. A mixture of new and old
with no explanation given. A sort of fairy-tale time. A sort of Laputa
time, eh? Being anal retentive or something, I need more solid ground
than that, and that's why I simply say my stories take place in 1954 or
thereabouts.