Xmas Parade etc.

Jørgen Andreas Bangor jorgenb at ifi.uio.no
Sat Dec 10 00:41:30 CET 1994

Xmas Parade
-----------
DAVID: There were no issue numbers for the Xmas Parade stories.
I don't have the magazine here, but I will bring it with me next
time, and write something about them.
BTW: How much do you pay for old American issues? I think I saw
somewhere that you would have to pay about $50 for early WDC&S.
Well, that's less than you have to pay for the earliest DD&Co...

Albert Uderzo
-------------
There was an interview with Albert Uderzo (the father of Asterix)
on Norwegian television a couple of days ago. He said he read a
lot of comics when he was young. He was seven years old when he
read his first comic story -- a Mickey Mouse story!
For a short moment they showed an Italian story (could have been
Scarpa), translated to French, but they didn't say if it really
was this story he had read at that time.

A Drama in One Act
------------------
So this is Esteban. Thanx, David.
Yup, the art again. If I don't like the art, it's difficult to like
the story. It seems to me that the story is drawn to attract children,
but then again -- I'm not so sure I would have liked it if I was
seven years old either... Actually, my favourites, when I was seven,
are still my favourites, and badly drawn Mickey stories are not
among them.
     Hmmm... I still like that Robinson family story, but the art
in it isn't bad. That story is _written_ for children, not _drawn_
for children.

Fotobogo
--------
Well, how much could you get room for in 12 pages? If Rota tried to
solve all the problems in Fotobogo in one short story, it would just
be another story in which the situations changes all the time, and
with no depth to anything. There are plenty of such stories already.
     The relation between Donald and Rosa is special enough to make
the story a bit different from any other story. They somehow fall in
love with each other, but both have to leave each other for "practical"
reasons.

The British weekly
------------------
My parents bought one for me in Scotland last summer. Like all of you
who have tried to find Disney comics in Britain, they had to look for
it a lot of places before they found any. Well, anyway -- the magazine
they bought for me is called "Mickey Mouse Magazine". Some years ago, my
sister bought the British weekly for me in London. That magazine is
called "The Disney Magazine". I guess Mickey Mouse sells better than
Disney...

Power Rangers
Maybe I should mention that the TV-series was cancelled in Norway, due
to the violence in it.

   Jorgen