Disney-comics digest #517.

Bob Wright ARCHIMEDES at delphi.com
Sun Dec 11 02:23:30 CET 1994

DON:    The  "Land  Beneath  the Ground" cover was received well hereabouts
(rural Maine), to the point that the  book  disappeared  from  comics  shop
shelves quickly, but copies remained in bookstores and supermarkets. Direct
sales  editions always seem to do better.  You needn't be worried about the
artistic merits, as no one really noticed.  So much for the aesthetic taste
of Mainers.  BTW, where did the cover originally appear?

DAVID:  Having been ten (plus  or  minus)  when  the  Strobl  stories  were
originally  printed,  I'll  agree that they weren't as sophisticated as the
Barks tales.  The Dell DD book in which  many  appeared  did  have  a  good
circulation,  about  1.5  million  I think, and were very popular in my New
Jersey neighborhoods back then.

JORGEN:  Dell WDCS below 100 do bring hefty prices.  $50 will probably  get
a  book in VG-FN, depending on issue number.  I've paid from $.50 to $12.00
for similar condition numbered DD's under 50.