Dutch cities

M. Mitchell Marmel marmelmm at dunx1.ocs.drexel.edu
Mon Dec 19 19:51:04 CET 1994

Wilmer reminisces:

>Student: "My sister has a bad case of poison ivy, and I wish it
>would Rotterdam leg off!"
>
>As I said, a VERY popular joke on the schoolyard when I was a kid
>(back when wooly mammoths trod the earth).

Don't  remember that one, but it does bring to mind an old song:

"They all went off to Amster-SHHH!
 They all went off to Amster-SHHH!
 Amster!  Amster! SHHH! SHHH! SHHH!
 Amster!  Amster! SHHH! SHHH! SHHH!
 They all went off to Amster-SHHH!"

The song goes on to say how you shouldn't say that naughty word, the
singers reply that they're going to sing it anyhow, then sing, " They all
went off to Amster-DAM!!!" with great relish...

-MMM-
M. Mitchell Marmel                \ Scattered, smothered, covered, chunked,
Drexel University                  \ whipped, beaten, chained and pierced.
Department of Materials Engineering \ *THE BEST HASHBROWNS IN THE WORLD!*
Fibrous Materials Research Laboratory\   marmelmm at dunx1.ocs.drexel.edu