Perego, Oils

H.W. Fluks fluks at pcssdc.pttnwb.nl
Tue Dec 20 18:33:26 CET 1994

JAMES:
> Jorgen wrote "In the earlier series there were made intermezzos by".
> I've seen you mention those horrible intermezzos done in the Italian
> pocket books on multiple ocassions.  What exactly is an intermezzo?

Maybe we shouldn't have used an Italian word for an Italian phenomenon?
The 'intermezzos' are 'glueing' several stories together, so that the
entire book can be read like one big 256-page story.
Something like Van Horn's work in DD 286 (the DD 60 years issue).

> Wilmer asked "[Bark's newest oil painting] appears to be a painting of
> some kind of "money mine", with Scrooge hauling out carts full of
> coins. [...]

I have copies of the advertisements for both this litho and the one with
the Fleece. If I remember well, this painting contains the text "mine, all
mine!" above the 'mine' door, and I think the 'mine' actually is Scrooge's
bin. The text could have been stolen from one of Don Rosa's "Life of Scrooge"
stories, where Scrooge and a bunch of people run to claim a mine:
"mineminemineminemine... mine!"

> Harry wrote: "I'm eyeing a grouping of $crooge Comic, [...]

I didn't write that. Are there more Harry's on the list?

--Harry (the Fluks one)