Gummi Scrooge

Tryg Helseth trygve at maroon.tc.umn.edu
Fri Dec 30 23:14:24 CET 1994

GARY:

>My first reply to all these great statements I've been getting for the last

Welcome to the list, Gary!

>Speaking of $crooge merchandise, about two years ago I bought a nice Uncle
>$crooge gumball machines (about 10 inches high) for $3 at a local toy outlet

I have one of those $crooge gumball banks that my Brother gave me as a
Chrismas gift a couple of years ago (1992).  By coincidence, I saw that
same bank in a gift shop in Las Vagas in December of '92.  I still have the
box for mine, and the address on it is

    Superior Toy and Mfg. Co., Inc.
    3417 N. Halsted Street
    Chicago, Illinois  60657

If you are looking for a place to get another bank, you could write to them
and add "Attn. Gum Ball Banks" on the envelope.

ALL:

Over the years I've seen scrooge merchandise appear now and then.  I have a
$crooge jigsaw puzzle showing $crooge in a boat on a lake of coins.  About
20 years ago I got a painted plaster $crooge bank that has taken up
residence on my desk at work ever since.  My favorite $crooge peice is a
sew on decal of $scrooge hanging on a vine looking down; this was copied
from the cover of "The Swamp of No Return" by a friend of my brother who
makes decals.  I've always wanted to put this on an Izod shirt just above
the alligator--it'll be a long time before I get an Izod shirt, however.

Happy New Year, everyone!

Tryg

Tryg Helseth  <trygve at maroon.tc.umn.edu>   Minneapolis, MN, USA
          or  <tryg.helseth at tstation.mn.org>

"I wish they all could be Calisota Ducks!"  -the Beach Drakes