Payoff

Charles D. Ellis cde at aplexus.jhuapl.edu
Thu Feb 3 15:02:48 CET 1994

Don Rosa sez:
>My monthly bills are around $25+, so that would mean I'm
>paying $15-$20 per month to read these Digests --

	Free Internet access will probably come to Louisville
someday. Until then, It's admirable you haven't run up
much higher bills as do many CompuServe customers and
at least it's deductible ... :)

>If there are any other writers or artists in the
>world who do ALL their own work single-handedly, and yet have no share
>in the profits made from their efforts (including the sale of their own
>art), other than freelance writers/artists of Disney comic books -- I'd
>love to know what that job might be.

	Why? You would leave Disney for that new job?

	Seriously, after CB kicks you'll be the one they are playing up
and hopefully paying for album reprints, etc. of what may one
day be a large body of work. I suppose you'll get it all back in
original prints, signed mudflaps, pin-back buttons that say Unca Don,
Art of Don Rosa trade paperbacks that can reprint copies of
your CompuServe bills, Disneyana convention appearances, oil
paintings with lots of coins on them, statuettes of Bombie
the Vitally Challenged, colorful dishes that show the nephews
feeding DDs dinner hash to Pluto, and a host of other collectible
gallery and "mass-collectible" doodads that will need your
cooperation and financial participation (in a receiving sense).
So cheer up! You'll be around after Eisner is long gone! (Michael
that is ...) (well Will too, unfortunately :( )
Charlie Ellis
cde at aplexus.jhuapl.edu