Disney-comics digest #233.

Don Rosa 72260.2635 at CompuServe.COM
Sun Feb 6 07:24:16 CET 1994

TRYG:
	The Donald Duck albums from Another Rainbow have been advertised
but the first issue is yet to appear.

"DARIN REID":
	You were upset that I drew young $crooge to look like HD&L? How
else should I draw a young Duck?! What choice do I have? And whatsamatta
with him looking like HD&L, anyhow?
	There isn't much chance of a "Life and Times of Donald Duck"
since I don't know what that could involve. I mean, he doesn't have a
history like $crooge; Donald was just born, grew up and there he was. I
might (for some reason I don't yet know) do a story about Donald as a
youth, but the tale couldn't involve any important moment in his life as
there are none. He's the "Everyman" character.
	I can also always drop back and do some other stories about
something that happened to Hortense and Matilda. They are only shown in
brief spots in the Lo$, and they mysteriously disappear after chapter 11
by simply telling $crooge that they never want to see him again. After
that, maybe they move back to Scotland, maybe they die... it doesn't
really matter, so why deal with it? And even though I COULD tell a story
of Hortense and Matilda (or Pa and Ma or such), if $crooge is not there
to be part of it, there would be little reason for the tale and readers
would not be particularly interested, I shouldn't think.

MARK:
	How much does young $crooge age through part I? It opens in 1877
(as noted on the cover) and ends in 1880 -- just 3 years. You noticed
the sprouting of the sideburns? Did you also notice how his eyes join
his beak in adult-Duck style? I just found a copy of U$ #285 today, and
what *I* noticed was $crooge's BROWN HAIR! I never intended him to have
BROWN HAIR! Now I'm trying to figure out why he won't have that same
BROWN HAIR all the way until the end of part XI when he's getting old. I
need to call Gladstone and see if I can put a stop to THAT! I was also
distressed to see Pa with the same brown hair, but perhaps that will
help the more stupid readers (the ones Disney is always catering to) to
not think that Pa is $crooge if they just look at the pictures.

DAVID:
	I received your private message seeking coroboration of the
cancellation of WALT DISNEY'S COMICS IN COLOR, but I didn't answer since
I knew you'd see Digest #233 soon enough.
	Your other question about somebody mentioning Disney okaying the
"Wendigo" story stumps me. I'm not sure what you're referring to. Rest
assured that nothing like that has happened.