Kirby (Bad News, to the world of Comics!...)

Gilbert Milburn gilbert at unix.campbellsvil.edu
Thu Feb 10 05:27:11 CET 1994

Greetings and Salutation Fellow Fans of Disney-Comics,

     In Disney-comics digest #237 <disney-comics at Minsk.DoCS.UU.SE>
Harry Fluks <H.W.Fluks at research.ptt.nl> made the following comments in:
> Subject: Kirby (Bad News, to the world of Comics!...)

> Gil Milburn (at last! I thought you were gone. Did you receive my mail,
> Gil?):

     Yes, I did (* THANK YOU VERY MUCH FOR SENDING IT!! *).  I'm truly
sorry I've been so quiet lately, I've just had my hands SO FULL recently
that I haven't had time to write!  So I must apologize to you and to Per,
for not returning your recent messages!  Forgive me?...

Now on to this:
>> Comic book creator Jack Kirby, age 76, died on Sunday, Feb. 6, 1994.
>
> Fredrik:
>
>> About the Disney connection, I seem to remember a discussion here
>> a while ago that Kirby DID draw a few Disney strips. Can anyone
>> confirm/deny this?
>
> On 3 November 1993, I wrote:
>
>> Jack Kirby
>> ~~~~~~~~~~
>> file also covers the creators in the "classics" index. The Classic stories
>> were newspaper stories, often reprinted in One Shots and other comics.
>> In 1980, Kirby did the pencils of "The Black Hole" (story Fallberg,
>> inks Royer). That's the only Kirby entry though.
>
> I typed in that 'classics' file from a photocopy of a newspaper strips
> index by Becattini. A lot of those newspaper sequels were reprinted in
> Holland.
     I had thought that Kirby had a *small* Disney connection, but
since I wasn't exactly sure so I didn't bother to mention it!
Thanks Harry, for setting us all straight!  |D
     DON: Do you have any thoughts to add about the passing of Jack
"The King" Kirby??

TTFN

-Gil

Gil Milburn <gilbert at unix.campbellsvil.edu>

"Hello.  My name is Inigo Montoya.  You killed my father; prepare to die!"