WDU$ #285 : TLaTo$M : Part One

Torsten Wesley Adair torsten at cwis.unomaha.edu
Mon Feb 14 02:04:33 CET 1994

	Not much of a story, but a good start.  The detail of the castle
is incredible, and the sight gags (I.3.8, I.11.3, I.11.5) are not intrusive.

Now, did we ever clear up the question of the hair coloring?  Did Fergus'
hair actually turn from brown to white during the course of the story, or
is that just a coloring mistake?  And why does U$' mother's eyes not reach
her bill?  Is Hortense's "glxblt" taken from the comicstrip "Pogo"?

My guess as to DD's mother is Hortense, considering Fergus' comment (I.15.4).

Don, did you create the McDuck coat of arms, or did you find that
someplace as well?

(For those of you unfamiliar with my notation, I have borrowed the system
used for the Watchmen Annotations found elsewhere on the Internet.  The
first Roman numeral refers to the story part or chapter.  The second
numeral refers to the page, and the third numeral refers to the panel,
starting from the upper left-hand corner, and proceeding left to right,
top to bottom.  Thus, the final panel of part one would be noted as I.15.6 .)

One suggestion...  I realize that Gladstone will probably produce two
albums collecting TLaTo$M.  I would like to suggest that Gladstone publish
a special, hardcover, limited edition containing:
	all 211 or so pages (some would probably be edited to smooth the
story transitions)
	Don Rosa's annotations (and maybe others as well)
	Don Rosa's notebook, showing some rough layouts, the family tree,
and anything else Don might allow to see print.
	Don's version of the McDuck family tree.
	A map of U$ travels (this might become a bit difficult--maybe just
limit it to Glasgow to Duckburg)

Make it slipcased, with a nice embossed cover, gild the foreedge, and I'll
buy ten of them!

Would anyone care to compile annotations for TLaTo$M ?

Torsten Adair	torsten at cwis.unomaha.edu	Omaha, NE, USA (via NZ)