About credits...

Per Starback starback at Minsk.DoCS.UU.SE
Thu Jan 6 17:32:25 CET 1994

Harry wrote:
> Only a few artists got credits in Dutch albums: Barks, Murry,
> Gottfredson, Taliaferro. But (very peculiar) in the most recent
> movie adaptation-albums (Junglebook, Aladdin) all creators were named
> (including our lurking list member Weiss).

In Sweden too there have been credits in some odd albums like Marco
Rota's "Buon compleanno, Paperino" (to use the original title) and
I think Adolf Kabatek has been credited in a couple of albums.

Weiss is no longer a member of the list, by the way.  He unsubscribed
late last year.  If it was for good or just over the holidays I don't
know.

> Most Dutch Disney artists also produce non-Disney comics. Sometimes they
> appear in the Donald Duck Weekly. In the case of non-Disney material, full
> credits are always given.

Isn't that strange if the reason for no credits really is that the
kids would be confused by them?  :-)  Or perhaps it's only confusing
that *Disney* comics actually are written and drawn by people who aren't
Unca Walt himself.  But then why have "real Disney artists" making
drawings on those club days you mentioned?

So what's the real reason?  Don says that Disney is desperately afraid
of the creators gaining some form of legal ownership in their work.
Of course they are, but legally it really shouldn't matter if credits
are given or not, so I'm confused anyway...
Per Starback, Uppsala, Sweden.  email: starback at minsk.docs.uu.se
 "Life is but a gamble!  Let flipism chart your ramble!"