+Postage Due+Disney-comics digest #206.

Don Rosa 72260.2635 at CompuServe.COM
Sat Jan 8 05:30:09 CET 1994

MATTIAS:
	This is superb! Now Stefan has an almost instantaneous line to
me if he needs to ask a question for a translation. If he had gotten
word to me sooner about that incorrect "=", I might have gotten it
corrected, and now he'll have a way to reach me on almost a moment's
notice.
	As for whether Byron had a better reason for "changing" the tree
(if changing is the right word for what was done with something which
had never really existed beforehand), I think the idea of Gus Goose
being of the same Duck generation as $crooge McDuck might have been all
there was... and still, I think that would be a pretty odd situation. As
to whether our choice makes things more complicated, that sounded like a
pretty complicated explanation for how your method of Gus being only 5
to 10 years older than Donald, whereas I never felt they were anymore
than a few years apart, and maybe Donald being the older. But, I'm not
trying to find one way better than the other -- they both have their
points, as we knew -- but we made our choice and now we're stuck with
it.
	As for Daisy being HDL's aunt... I still think she is. They told
me to not put that on the tree as it would have been very difficult to
fit and would have screwed up the upwards flow. Besides, it remains to
be seen whether anyone will like as much as we HAVE put in... as with
Gus. Better we stopped when we did. But as with the Ludwig idea, I do
feel that Daisy is HDL's aunt, their father's sister.

PER:
	Interesting news: Gary Leach, Gladstone's art director, would
like to begin receiving these digests over here on COMPUSERVE, as I do.
This will give the group a direct line into what Gladstone is doing and
thinking, or as much as we are allowed to know. His user-number is
73633,152.