+Postage Due+Disney-comics digest #207.

Don Rosa 72260.2635 at CompuServe.COM
Mon Jan 10 15:29:00 CET 1994

	(I'm short of time today! Remind me tomorrow and I'll list ALL
of the birth/death dates of all the Ducks, according to my personal
notes.)
	Why should Daisy be HDL's aunt? No good reason. It was a way to
get her onto the family tree which I knew all the publishers and readers
would want, and it was a completely reasonalble possibility. We decided
not to mess with the idea, and when the Family Tree was sent out, sure
enough, all the publishers objected not only that Daisy wasn't on the
Tree but also that GYRO wasn't on the Tree! So I had to build a side-bar
showing Daisy, AM&J, and Gyro, both to include them "on" the Tree and
also to say by demonstration "THESE CHARACTERS AREN'T RELATED TO
DONALD, YOU DOLTS!", more or less. I'm surprised they didn't demand that
Mickey be included in the Tree. I'll never forgive myself that we
included Fethry!