Hi! I'm back! (And some little on Gus Goose, William Van Horn and stuff...)

Fredrik Ekman d91fe at ganymedes.pt.hk-r.se
Wed Jan 12 08:19:34 CET 1994

Yep, that's right! My Christmas holiday is finally over. So here I am to
brighten up your lives again. :-)

I will mostly avoid the current threads (since I have nothing much to
contribute with), but I do have one minor question regarding Gus Goose.
Considering how much talk there has been about the first comic appearance
by this character, I'm rather surprised that noone has mentioned his
first cartoon appearance. This was in "Donald's cousin Gus" from 1938(?).
This cartoon seemingly included a similar letter as the comic strip
(which I haven't read) did. I think I could quote the cartoon letter if
anyone is interested. And for my question; which was first, the comic or
the cartoon?

OK, so I'm back. And I promised you new versions of the Van Horn and
language index files. Well, have faith! They will arrive. In the
meantime, I would still like to receive updates of American publications
of Van Horn. Has there really not been a single one for the last four
months, since the last update by David? And there are still holes among
the previous American publications.

Another thing that bothers me somewhat; of the languages that seem to
have a fairly strong representation on this list, Norwegian is the only
one that still has major gaps in the Character Name Translation list. Is
there any Norwegian member willing to help filling in the holes? Pick up
this (and the Van Horn) file on the FTP archive, or ask me and I'll mail
it to you.

Also, with Rosa's family tree (I love it, but I think the Swedish
publisher ruined it with those stickers) there has been a sudden burst
of new (well, in this context, at least) names that may need to be
translated. Does anyone feel that these should be included in the
(already somewhat overcrowded) Translation file? Or should we have a
separate file with not only translations of all the relatives in the
tree, but also things like Don's birth/death dates, first appearance
(for the "odd" relatives) and so on? Given some help, I could possibly
edit such a file.

Yep! Sure feels good to be here again

  /F