Some little on William Van Horn and stuff...

Harry Fluks H.W.Fluks at research.ptt.nl
Wed Jan 12 12:30:09 CET 1994

Fredrik:
> OK, so I'm back. And I promised you new versions of the Van Horn and
> language index files. Well, have faith! They will arrive.

That goes for me too: a new 'don-rosa' index will arrive "soon".

> In the
> meantime, I would still like to receive updates of American publications
> of Van Horn. Has there really not been a single one for the last four
> months, since the last update by David?

There have been WH publications. I listed all I know at home in a private
copy of our 'gladstone-disney.index' (I didn't have it put on ftp yet).
I'll send you an extract tomorrow.

> And there are still holes among the previous American publications.

Are there? I thought we were quite complete...

> Also, with Rosa's family tree (I love it, but I think the Swedish
> publisher ruined it with those stickers) there has been a sudden burst
> of new (well, in this context, at least) names that may need to be
> translated. Does anyone feel that these should be included in the
> (already somewhat overcrowded) Translation file?

I don't think so.

> Or should we have a separate file with not only translations of all the
> relatives in the tree, but also things like Don's birth/death dates, first
> appearance (for the "odd" relatives) and so on?

Wouldn't that spoil a lot of fun? What would this information add to the
tree and to Don's stories (except for the birth/death dates)?

--Harry.