Reply to the reply on William Van Horn and stuff...

Fredrik Ekman d91fe at pasiphae.pt.hk-r.se
Wed Jan 12 14:10:10 CET 1994

Harry writes, in reply to me:
> There have been WH publications. I listed all I know at home in a private
> copy of our 'gladstone-disney.index' (I didn't have it put on ftp yet).
> I'll send you an extract tomorrow.

Thanks, Harry! And thanks to Ole for Scandinavian updates (your Danish
characters didn't make it to me at least, but I understand anyway :-).

I wrote:
> And there are still holes among the previous American publications.

And Harry, replying:
> Are there? I thought we were quite complete...

I think the keyword there is _quite_. I know of at least one one-pager
that is missing, I just recently inserted the "Comics in 3D" thingy, and
there may be others. One day, when me gets lots of spare time (probably
within the next dozen years or so) I'll see what I can dig up about those
missing comics.

Me again:
> Or should we have a separate file with not only translations of all the
> relatives in the tree, but also things like Don's birth/death dates, first
> appearance (for the "odd" relatives) and so on?

And Harry:
> Wouldn't that spoil a lot of fun? What would this information add to the
> tree and to Don's stories (except for the birth/death dates)?

Actually, I see two fairly good reasons for this. One is the (obviously)
interesting dates. The other is that I myself have some problems connecting
Don's English names to the one I'm familiar with, and I'm even guessing at
times. Any other info would just be fill-outs, to make it look a little
more... well... complete. :-) I mean, just translations and dates seem a
little meager to me. Then again, you do have a point. Anyone else?

  /F