Van Horn and other info

David A Gerstein David.A.Gerstein at williams.edu
Thu Jan 13 07:44:04 CET 1994

	Dear Folks,

	Fredrik Ekman requested Van Horn stories yet to be listed in
his index... particularly things that Gladstone had now scheduled.

	Well, I just saw a recent "Diamond Previews" and apparently
"Magica's Missin' Magic" is on tap for WDC&S 591.

	Why the huge delay when so many stories have appeared from
Egmont?  Simple... Egmont took a long time, for some reason, to get
any shipments to John for a while from October to December.
Further victims of this delay which were hence bumped further down the
schedule were three of my dialogs, "His Master's Voice," "In and Out,"
and "For School the Bell Tolls."  Now these have come, too, and will
be appearing in a finite time.  My guess is that we'll see a LOT of
Van Horn stories in the near future.

	Just so you know, folks, I've now finished a rough version of
the dialog for Pedrocchi's "Donald Duck and the Secret of Mars" (Gary,
you might want to tell John) and will send the complete version to
Gladstone as soon as I have some solid time to proofread and edit it
with my parents' "review" in hand, which they'll send soon.  (My folks
are sorta my editors.)

	I'm just beginning the 71-page Scrooge 'novel' "The Lentils
from Babylon," a Romano Scarpa story (yes, Fabio, it's starting!) and
it seems like a doozy.  A few logic errors though which I'm having to
correct.  Nonetheless a very good story, I think.  It'll take a while
though... only have 10 pages done.

	Lastly, Mark, I think DDA 25 is coming next week and if you'll
get me two copies, I'll send the another homemade "Davide" comic to you
which I got the proofs to while back at home.  BTW, Fabio, yours are
coming too, so don't worry.  I just haven't had time to print up the
copies yet.

	Your friend (who must get to sleep now, it's VERY late!!!)

	David
	<David.A.Gerstein at Williams.edu>

	P. S.  Glad to see I'm the biggest Gottfredson fan around
here, but boy, I sure hope I'm not the only one!  BTW I'm a real fan
of Dutch Duck artist Mau Heymans.  This guy could be the next Duck craze
in the U. S. if the stories with better scripts are chosen for use.  I
think he writes them himself, because they're jammed with alliterative
phrasing that seems unique.... as well as distinctive billboards in
the background with weird advertising slogans on them.