Swedish publication of GotLL

Mattias Hallin Mattias.Hallin at jurenh.lu.se
Thu Jan 13 16:31:22 CET 1994

DON and GARY:

    I just gave Don's message to Stefan, and he says that the Swedish
publication of GotLL is an unusually serious affair: it won't be published in
the Kalle Anka & C:o weekly, but in a special Junior Woodchucks graphic
album/book, together with EXTENSIVE background material on the underlying
historical facts and such. Also, the editor of this album is much more
interested, both in the story as such, and also in this background information,
than would the average editor at Hemmets Journal. To quote Stefan, "this is
THE instance of Don Rosa-publication in Sweden that might match what Gladstone
does".

He has not as yet briefed his editor on this discussion we've been having
lately, but will probably do it early next week or so.

Of course he/they are ONLY interested in the changes pertaining to the Marco
Polo sequence. Stefan says he already has a "go-ahead" on changing the
dialogue, and would thus like to know in as much detail as possible WHAT you
substituted for Marco Polo (he knows about the muslim scholars - I told him
that) and how the script was actually changed in those panels that he/they
ALREADY HAVE (i.e. the "old version" panels). If it's possible for you to fill
him in on this through the list (or by regular mail), he asks, would you please
do that?

If this isn't possible - GARY: is it possible for Stefan Dios/Hemmets
Journal/Egmont to get access to usable copies of the material that Don has sent
you? IF necessary also the new art for the Marco Polo sequence? He has some
hope, you see, of getting his editor's "OK" on using the art-changes in the
Marco Polo sequence, and when I told him that you're on the list, too, now,
asked me to ask you this, sorta PRELIMINARY - you don't have to make any
legally binding promises here and now, but perhaps "yes, I think that would be
possible" or "well, I'm not so sure..." or "don't really think so, old chap,
don't you know". Hmm?

Anyway, Stefan sends his regards to both of you - he was pretty sure he'd met
you, too, Gary; and so of course does

Mattias
(Inter-continental E-mailman; Has Computer -- Will Post)