The Plumber's Helper

David A Gerstein David.A.Gerstein at williams.edu
Thu Jan 13 18:13:17 CET 1994

	Dear Folks,

	The "Plumber's Helper" story was unusable by Gladstone in the
old days due to the kind of paper they were using... newsprint.  The
special type of shading used in the tale, called Crafttint I believe,
consists not of little dots, but thousands of absolutely miniscule
*lines*.  This would have been a muddy disaster if printed on
newsprint.

	By contrast, John Clark has told me that the story would be
usable with the new, post-1990 better printing quality.  The question
is whether we'll see it until ALL the stories previously used in the
Gladstone albums are used up....

	Boy, I'd love to see this story!

	David Gerstein

	Floyd Gottfredson's Biggest Fan!