The DD 60th Anniversary Comic

David A Gerstein David.A.Gerstein at williams.edu
Thu Jan 13 20:28:18 CET 1994

	Dear Folks,

	I just had a chat with John Clark.  He told me what was in the
DD 60th Anniversary comic... and ALSO he gave me permission, when I
asked him, to tell you guys what's in it.  It will contain:

	Donald in "The Secret of Mars" by Frederico Pedrocchi.
	Donald and Mickey in "The Case of the Vanishing Coats" by
Floyd Gottfredson.
	Donald in "The Victory Garden" by Carl Barks.  (1st Barks
ten-page story)
	Donald in the 60th Birthday story by Don Rosa (I don't actually
know much about it, Don...)
	Some new gags to go between the long stories, by William Van Horn.
(These are being made especially for Gladstone and have not been
printed before.)

	Aside from the hitherto-unknown Pedrocchi, this is a who's who
of the top American Disney cartoonists!

	The Mau Heymans birthday story "A Plot Against Donald" has
been bumped from the comic due to lack of length (boy, I sure didn't
expect the Gottfredson story!).  It will instead appear in some other
summer issue of the Duck comics.

	My dialogues in general, BTW, will really start this summer.
He's just got in a shipload of the proofs from Egmont and is now going
to schedule July's issues, so he'll begin inserting them.

	However, you'll get a taste of what's to come when "The Hoard
at the Rainbow's End" comes out next week!  I'm really anxious to hear
what you think, because I greatly preferred the end result here to
"Bugged by Humbuggery" a few months ago.

	That's all for now.  >MWAH!<  Goodnight everybody!

	David
	<David.A.Gerstein at Williams.edu>