Yussaf and GotLL

Harry Fluks H.W.Fluks at research.ptt.nl
Fri Jan 14 11:42:53 CET 1994

Don to Wilmer:
> 	I still need help. How do you get "Aiper" to be pronounced
> "eye-per"? It has to be "ay-per". And even if it was "eye-per", I still
> don't see the full pun in "Yussaf Aiper" -- how does the second syllable
> fit in? (I didn't wonder about all this until you tried explaining it!)

I think, if you pronounce it right, it's clear the name refers to us: we're
all making *use of a Per*.

And Don to me:
> 	I exchanged FAX notes with the German translation editor
> overnight. Here's another morsel of info to pass on to Oberon if you
> wish: the Germans WILL be using the "GotLL" story this summer, but they
> are content to use it in the original uncorrected form it now is.
> However, now it sounds like there will be be a corrected use made of it
> in Sweden as well as at Gladstone. I'll bet this isn't of any use to
> Oberon since what they MOST want is to have it colored for them for
> free, which means they'll choose to use the German version no matter
> what it's like, eh?

I'm very afraid you're right.

BTW: I browsed throught the Dutch Barks library to look for JWW emblems.
They are rarer than I thought. Most of the time, the nephew's hats (?)
have only small diamonds with circles in it. However, I did see a few
close-ups with the JWW-emblem. And as I said, they are visible in the Dutch
versions of your stories, and in the Barks oils they have been reproducing.
But would that be enough for an average Dutch reader to recognize the emblem?
I don't think so.

--Harry.

Harry         PTT Research       ()_()     Dutch Disney comics freak
Fluks         Leidschendam        (_)      H.W.Fluks at research.ptt.nl

              ceterum censeo Jippem plus publicandum esse