Membership report

Per Starback starback at Minsk.DoCS.UU.SE
Thu Jan 20 15:07:07 CET 1994

A new subscriber (Hi, Nikolaus!) asked me about how many people are on
this list and where they are from.  As it was a couple of months since
I last sent such a report to the list, and several people expressed
their interest in statistics like that, here it is: The New
(Improved!) summary of the list membership:

Currently the list has 95 subscribers, with the following domain
distribution: (I list all top domains, and subdomains with more than
one member.)  (Note that the info just comes from the addresses; where
you all really are located I don't know, of course.)

edu = USA, educational	29 (BU 2, jhuapl 2, udel 2)
com = USA, commercial	19 (CompuServe 8)
gov = USA, government	 3
mil = USA, military	 1
---------------------------
USA, total:		52

ca = Canada		 3
br = Brazil		 1

se = Sweden		16 (UU 5, Ericsson 2)
no = Norway		 7 (UniT 2)
nl = Netherlands	 4
fi = Finland		 3 (UTa 2)
de = Germany		 2
dk = Denmark		 2
it = Italy		 2
uk = United Kingdom	 1
---------------------------
Europe, total:		37

org = organizations	 1
net			 1

One of the Norwegian subscribers is an automatic address that puts the
messages in a local "Usenet Newsgroup" where several people can read it.
I have no idea how many readers that group have.  One of the Swedish
subscribers is also a forwarder to several readers.
Per Starback, Uppsala, Sweden.  email: starback at minsk.docs.uu.se
 "Life is but a gamble!  Let flipism chart your ramble!"