Disney-comics digest #375.

Mattias Hallin Mattias.Hallin at jurenh.lu.se
Wed Jul 6 15:03:52 CEST 1994

DON:

    Nononono -- acourse noone in NAFS(k) thought for a second that you'd want
us to confront Grandey at the meeting with Barks. If asked for an opinion on
that, I'd say I'm dead sure you're the kinda guy who fights his own fights if
and when you deem it necessary/unavoidable.

What I meant to tell you, and partly to apologize for, was that we censored
ourselves even to the extent of not mentioning your name, or asking Barks'
opinion on your work, or other similar  non-Grandey-related topics; for the
reasons I've already mentioned.

And acourse none of us figured you'd wish Barks anything but the nicest visit
possible -- I've read your comments for close on a year now, and have known you
since, was it 1992?, the fair in Stockholm a few years ago... and since the
very minute I met you (lemme tell you, that was one nervous me that approached
you just as you'd arrived at the fair, and asked "did you want to join our
Donaldistic Club" and you kinda lit up and said "YES!") you've impressed me as
a real nice guy!

I got your fax -- thanks!

Oh, and BTW -- I got a (short) stack of Kalle Anka & C:o for you. I guess I'll
bring'em along to the States, and deliver'em meself, if I get to pass
Louisville -- otherwise I'll just mail'em to you.

All my best, dontchaknow?!

Mattias