DD's 60 ++

Knut Hunstad Knut.Hunstad at veg.sintef.no
Thu Jun 9 12:28:56 CEST 1994

*** HAPPY BIRTHDAY DONALD DUCK ! ***

Too bad to be working on a day like this!

The duck-umentary yesterday gave me a shock! I thought Norway was on top
regarding publication of DD related to population. But in the TV-program
they told that Finland is #1 and we're only #2! Well, well, it's still
within the Nordic countries... (and I like Finland, BTW).

SPOILER AHEAD!

One thing about DD 60's story: How could he be granted another wish for
touching the vase on his birthday when he wasn't born?

(No, no, I don't think it was "wrong", but a quite funny gag...)

SPOILER ATOP!

About the "Who inherites $" stories. I might be mixing up several stories,
but perhaps others can
complete the list:

- The "gold at the end of the rainbow" story
- One where they both get a sum of money and have to make the most of them.
Gladstone starts a
  moving bureau and ends up trying to move a house from one needlepoint
mountain to another.
  DD gets a matress factory. Along comes a storm moving Gladstones house
precisely into
  location with inhabitant and all. The storm rips off the roof of DD's
factory and spreads all of the
  feathers over the whole town. Semi-happy end where $ realizes that DD was
just unlucky and
  thanks him afterall for giving the vacuum-cleaner sales a boost!
- I'm quite sure there is another one, too, starting with $ going out with
Gladstone and DD to show
  how 1$ can be the start of a new fortune. After making some good deals he
gives each of them
  half and tells them to try on their own. I think DD tries some horse
gambling or something, but I
  can't remember the rest of the story.

Knut