Barks's tour -- Sweden

Per Starback starback at Minsk.DoCS.UU.SE
Mon Jun 20 15:24:08 CEST 1994

Well, I was there and thought I should report something from the
meeting yesterday when Barks met Swedish fans, but I don't have that
much to say.  Before Barks arrived Olof Siverbo and Magnus Knutsson
delivered talks on Carl Barks, and recent slides from Barks's visit in
Copenhagen was shown.  The cartoon "Modern Inventions" was shown
("Your hat, sir!"), because of the Barks connection, and then the
atomsphere got sort of tenser, as we all waited for Barks to arrive.

Barks seemed very healthy and good-humoured.  He answered some
questions by Stefan Di"os, first questions he was prepared for since
the day before that, and then questions from the audience.  Bill
Grandey (notorious to this list...) sat by Barks's side all the time.
As I thought beforehand none of Barks's answers were that interesting
-- after all, he's has already answered "everything" so many times
before, or the questions are about things he has forgotten a long time
ago, or don't care about.

Before the meeting it was said that there would be absolutely no
signing of anything, and PLEASE noone ask for anything like that, but
it turned out there was to be a signing session anyway when Barks
would sign books and comics for the few who had brought such stuff
anyway, and the rest of us got pre-signed small folders reproducing
oils.  So for those later on the tour who care about getting comics
signed that might be worthwhile to bring stuff even if it is
said explicitly that there will be no signing.
Per Starback, Uppsala, Sweden.  email: starback at minsk.docs.uu.se
 "Life is but a gamble!  Let flipism chart your ramble!"