Horsing around with scripts

Dag Nummedal Dag.Nummedal at itk.unit.no
Wed Jun 22 01:36:54 CEST 1994

>Harry:
>>Mattias:
>> Yes. as I think I said the other day what art I was able to see at the Kulorte
>> Bibliotek in Copenhagen looked entirely van horn-ish to me; and if Barks
>> hisself says he's done no artwork on "Horsing around..." -- well then that
>> orter be settled, then!
>
>OK. Fine. But Michel Nadorp told me he had the full 24-page *script* of the
>story, in the form of penciled pages. And the first half page *script* was
>published in a Dutch fanzine. (BTW: This half page splash panel does not
>contain any Ducks, and I can't see whether or not it's Barks' drawing style.)
>
>So maybe the pencils are Van Horn's. Maybe Barks reviewed these pages before
>Van Horn inked them?

In the interview on Norwegian television we saw the meeting between Barks and
van Horn. This was supposed to be the first time Barks saw van Horns work
(except for the few hours he spent looking over them before the interview
started :)

The pencilled pages were quite detailed, and looked ready for inking. They
looked nothing like the scripts for the Junior Woodchucks stories that were
reprinted in CBL.

-Dag Nummedal