Disney-comics digest #368.

Don Rosa 72260.2635 at CompuServe.COM
Mon Jun 27 15:58:10 CEST 1994

	Barks stated that $crooge was a cowboy in 1882 and worked on a
riverboat in 1880. I decided to have $crooge born in 1867 because I
figured the YOUNGEST $crooge could be allowed to be working on and
piloting a riverboat would be about 13... and even THAT you'll admit is
preposterously YOUNG. No riverboat pilot could have ever been younger
than 20 by law (I figured that was overridden by $crooge owning the
boat).
	Barks also stated, in "Go Slowly Sands of Time", that $crooge
was a "bonanza king on the Comstock Lode". That year was about 1850
which would have necessitated $crooge being born about 1820, therefore
about 130 years old during Barks' stories. So that was one Barksian fact
I ignored. (Not only am I not inaccurate, I actually try to HELP clear
up the false Barksian facts that make $crooge too old.)
	These are not comments from Grandey that I can object to. If he
choses to profess a certain opinion about my work to further his greedy
ends, it's my tough luck. Nor is there a reason for me to object,
because his comments will not cause a single person to dislike my
stories one iota. He's f*rting in the wind.
	But you also see his use of lies even in those "opnions", as
well as his lack of grasp of the English language. I can't stop him from
telling lies about my work, nor should I care to.
	I CAN stop him from telling lies about my character and my
actions and accusing me of criminal activity to my employers. This I
will do "with extreme prejudice", and make some money for some lawyers
and wildlife charities.