Various things

David A Gerstein David.A.Gerstein at williams.edu
Tue Mar 1 01:46:49 CET 1994

	Dear Folks,

	I have a variety of things to comment on today.  Starting
with:

	Giuseppe Perego
	===============

	Harry said:  "Yourch! Of all the bad Disney comic artists
I have ever had the questionable pleasure to read, Giuseppe Perego is
the worst by far! "Crude", as Fabio later wrote, is a tremendous
understatement.  He draws all the ducks with extremely short beaks,
and for some reason the beak is always wide open....  All in all,
it's a shame that all you Americans will certainly never get to see
anything by this man. I just love to hate him."  ;-)

	Yeah... isn't he just *awful?*  I'm sure everyone on this list
can draw the Ducks better than Perego!  (Yes, you, Don, no matter what
you might say ;-)

	I have a few other artists who I don't like -- Millet, Stan
Walsh, some of Jaime Diaz' assistants, Kay Wright -- and a few who
I am more or less neutral to, but don't mind not seeing reprinted,
such as Jack Bradbury and Tony Strobl.  I'll take Vicar or Branca (and
Branca gets a lotta flak here he doesn't deserve... it's the
scriptwriters' faults!) any day.

	Chris Lawton

	Chris, you can leave your .sig on your letters.  We can both
be Mickey's #1 fan... YOU take the post-1940s Mouse, I'll take the
earlier one ;-)  Honest, I didn't mean to sound angry.  When I said
"This means war" I was trying to sound like Bugs Bunny, since you were
saying that Roger Rabbit DIDN'T talk like that!

	Good night, folks.

	David Gerstein

	Floyd Gottfredson's #1 Fan!  :-) ;-)
	<David.A.Gerstein at Williams.edu>