LoS 10

bjorn-are.davidsen@s.televerket.tele.no bjorn-are.davidsen at s.televerket.tele.no
Wed Mar 9 09:50:21 CET 1994

DON!

(SPOILER ALERT - STORY DETAILS ARE HINTED AT)
LoS 10 which was published in Norway yesterday was
marvellous! I may have been in a particular good
mood when reading it, but it really hit me as one of
your most successfull stories. In a way it made me
think of Asterix both in atmosphere and plot (the
beleagured village, the presence of Julius C{sar, a
bit of internal quarrelling among the beleagured
a.s.o.), which is no small compliment.
The dramatic half page was also, well, dramatic! I
really long to hear how American readers will respond
to the story (which will be in 95?)!

The references to Barks was also done very well (e.g.
the car)! And I think you managed to untangle (or get
together if that is a better expression) some "loose
ends" from previous LoS-stories, which on hindsight
made those even better.

Keep on with such stories, even if it means more work
for you to build on "Barksian facts"!

And (a bit late - and I may be a bit of a heretic here) I
have to say I did ENJOY your Olympic Story (even if it
is not to be compared with your very best). The
mathematical references and the viking helmet gag
are among the best gags I have seen in a comic story.

Bjorn Are