I dream of GEnie...

Tryg Helseth trygve at maroon.tc.umn.edu
Wed Mar 9 13:14:33 CET 1994

On 08 Mar 94 23:57:24 EST, Don Rosa wrote:

>	Due to a recent visit I made over to GEnie to check out a
>"Disney Comic Section" over there, [...] there were less than 10 people
>-- one asked me who I was and which stories were mine ...

Don:

At least the GEnie folks knew what comic book was... I spent some time on a
Disney conference on the RIME network; I sent out messages there over a two
year period and only found two people who would admit to ever reading a
comic!  One was a fan of the (now defunct) Disney Tailspin comics.  The other
was simply trying to sell me some old comics lying around the house...

Once I posted something about Carl Barks and was told that I was off-topic
and should take my comments to the "Politics" conference!  (And I did say
Barks and NOT Marx!)  I think if I said "Don Rosa" they would think I was
talking about a character in a Zorro movie... :)

This mail list, on the other hand, is a dream come true.  But sometimes I
get so ovewhelmed by all the information presented here I feel I am trying
to take a drink from a fire hose.

Tryg Helseth  <trygve at maroon.tc.umn.edu>   Minneapolis, MN, USA
          or  <tryg.helseth at tstation.mn.org>

"I wish they all could be Calisota Ducks!" -The Beach Drakes