The return of Eli Squinch

Harry Fluks H.W.Fluks at research.ptt.nl
Tue May 10 13:57:41 CEST 1994

David:

I said:
> But they alreay ARE... I have seen at least one Egmont story featuring
> Squinch, drawn by... Ferioli.

And David and Ole asked for more information about it. I don't have the story
nearby, but from my own version of the Dutch index (not on ftp yet, I think):

The story is coded D 91420. Its title can be translated as "Shark Reef".
It's 16 pages (2 episodes of 8 pages). Dutch publication: Groot Winterboek
1993.
The Dutch named Eli Squinch "Udo J. Uitzuiger", while his name in the old
MM stories was "Eli Gluip". Apparently, they didn't recognise him. But I'm
sure it's Squinch.

I also checked Ole's Danish index, and he doesn't credit the story ("Hajrevets
Hemmelighed") to Ferioli. This probably means I still can't recognise
Ferioli's work good enough...?

--Harry.