Disney-comics digest #327.

Mikko Henri Juhani Aittola maittola at snakemail.hut.fi
Fri May 13 10:59:57 CEST 1994

Don wrote:
> 	Yes, Egmont most certainly owns your Finnish publisher of Disney
> comics and all those other best-selling publications.

    I have to check that out somehow, but I think
    'Helsinki Media Company Oy' is mainly owned by Finnish people,
    Egmont may have big bunch of its stocks tough.

> 	And how do you know they received lots of favorable mail for my
> "Wendigo" story? Did they announce that in the comic or something? They
> never tell me stuff like that.

    In Aku Ankka there is sometimes (not in every issue) a
    sort of letter-column called 'Toimituksen oma nurkka'.
    After the Wendigo-story they 'announced' that they
    have never received so much fan-mail for any story.

    They also published a fan-letter right after your 'first'
    story (not Son Of the Sun) in Finland was published. The
    writer asked who the incredible artist-with-odd-style was
    and they answered it was 'young American called Don Rosa.'

    In last week's issue there is discussion about your Family-Tree.
    People are complaining like 'Since I was three I have known
    Granny Duck is $crooges sister...' (for some reason $crooges last
    name in Finland is Duck not McDuck). They also talked about
    Dumbella-Della 'incident'.

         /M