Knut Hunstad's mail

Harry Fluks H.W.Fluks at research.ptt.nl
Mon May 30 09:15:21 CEST 1994

(Knut: you sent this to me, not to the list. Since you obviously meant to
send it to the list, I'll forward it.)

----- Begin message from Knut.Hunstad at veg.sintef.no  27-May-94

Date: Fri, 27 May 1994 15:37:58 +0200
From: Knut.Hunstad at veg.sintef.no (Knut Hunstad)
Subject: Re: DD's life in an eggshell

For those who don't want to read anything more about my likings/dislikings
of Rota I'll start with the relationship Grandma Duck-$. Having had the
question up in a norwegian news list I have gotten several answers from
other faithful norwegian DD-readers through several decades. None of them
can remember anything other than the: "My life in an eggshell" suggesting
that GD is $'s sister.

>It looks a lot like DD in "Dangerous Disguise" (with secret-agent Tripe-X)
>from Four Color Comic 308. The previous panel shows madame Triple-X.

I don't know if the Four Color Comic series has been printed in Norway, but
I'll try to check it out.

>> The parts where the frames are parts of a story are OK, but I
>> don't like the long series of one-frame gags. I miss the details that make
>> you see something new each time you read the story.
>
>Ah, you want details? Then you must be a fan of Rosa, not Rota.. 8-)

The first part was right: I like Rosa's style very much. But I was trying to
say that as long as there was a continuos story I can agree that Rota has a
style of his own that has its value. Only that style didn't work out in
one-frame shots, somehow (not easy trying to discuss such things in a
foreign language pr. email, but I hope the meaning gets through anyway).

Actually I am one of few norwegian DD-lovers I know that likes the DD Pocket
series we have in Norway. Very many italian stories in them. The quality is
_very_ varying, but I find enough good stories to justify buying them.
Actually I have the whole collection (about 156 at the moment). I don't have
a clue about under what name they may be presented in other countries.

About "coral barques". I had the feeling somehow the answer would be
something like that...

>Harry         PTT Research       ()_()     Dutch Disney comics freak
>Fluks         Leidschendam        (_)      H.W.Fluks at research.ptt.nl
>
>              "Yeah... I've _heard_ of coral barques!"

Knut Hunstad
khun at veg.sintef.no

"I'm an expert. I have seen about this on TV!"

----- End forwarded message