Disney-comics digest #486.

Don Rosa 72260.2635 at compuserve.com
Wed Nov 9 05:31:04 CET 1994

JORGEN:
	Yes, I think I recall someone at the University "snack bar"(?)
where I was drawing and signing tell me they were on the "mailing list".
I was told that a couple of times on my trip -- were you the one who
momentarilly confused me since I'm such an old fogey that I thought you
were referring to some actual MAILING LIST of the old sort, where people
are mailed letters with envelopes and stamps? The term "computer forum"
might be more recognizable to my old ears.
	You say I was drawing and signing for "a short time"? I was
sitting there for 2 hours and 15 minutes, I'll have you know! Gimmee a
break!
	That meeting with the natural science college was easilly the
highlight of that trip to Norway! Other than that, I did hardly
anything! The editor usually has no trouble arranging interviews and
such, but just a short time before my arrival there was that ASTERIX
parody published by some political party that was throwing Egmont into a
tizzy. That was the only comic book topic any reporters wanted to talk
about. Egmont disliked the parody but knew the best thing to do was to
simply prevent its reprinting and sale to benefit the politicians, while
the Uderzo people demanded that POLICE move in and sieze all copies! As
stupid as an idea as that is (it would bring MORE attention to the thing
rather than less), Egmont is contractually bound to help Uderzo do
anything he wishes in such cases. Anyway, it was a mostly wasted week in
Oslo. I also had a pleasant dinner with Rolf Dahlo... but other than
that I just wandered around the streets alone and lonely. Goteborg and
Stockholm kept me a LOT busier. (There was even a major newspaper
article on the Goteborg Book Fair that gave me the main spotlight over
Norman Mailer!)
	I'll definitely let the University know (through this list) when
I'm again coming. And I hope they'll help me out by thinking of topics
they'd like to hear me talk on. I can't function in that sort of set up
unless people give me questions -- I don't prepare "lectures".