Mostly about the MM gag story

Jørgen Andreas Bangor jorgenb at ifi.uio.no
Thu Nov 17 17:10:16 CET 1994

Just time for a short answer...

Italian MM gag story
--------------------
Ah, yes. I have of course read a lot of Italian 30 page gag stories
too, but I remembered/mentioned this one because it was _really_
good. With most Italian stories I read, I just read them, and then
forget about them. With a few stories I have some sort of feeling,
when I've finished reading them, which tell me that this was good.
A lot of Italian stories ends, IMHO, without any point. "What?
Finished? What was the point with this story?". Other times they
just go on and on, with no points either.
Very often, especially in stories from the sixties and early
seventies, the characters are too exaggerated. That could maybe
have worked if it was in gags like Taliaferro's, but in adventure
stories, in some sort of Barksian style, it's very misplaced. It
doesn't make sense when Donald is jumping into the roof and rolling
around, in the air, for two pages, when HDL have just forgot to buy
his favourite TV snacks.
There are of course cultural differences between Italy and Norway,
but...

This Mickey gag story was simply very good. Good Italian adventure
stories aren't that seldom, but I can't remember many gag stories
I've really liked.

So, David, you want to know who the alien was? Some time ago I read
the first letters from Italians on this list. The subject was Mickey
being married... ;-)  Maybe I should let you wait a few more days.
More funny this way, isn't it?

No, no! Don't get crazy! I like to have you here, our inexhaustible
(if that's the word for something that won't ever get empty -
dictionarys are for chickens ;-) source of information.

It was only the _shape_ of the alien that was familiar, not the
person. He shows up to be exactly like Mickey, with some space suit.
This similarity was, of course, the reason why he trusted in Mickey.

Harry:
> But why do you sum up the _entire_ contents of the issue? Would anyone be
> interested in the bad Egmont stories that are usually published? 8-)
Ah, at last. I was just waiting for somebody to ask that question :-)
   I had the impression that some of the Americans on the list didn't know
much aboout Egmont stories, and how they're published. Someone asked if
a particular story was representative, or in some kind similar to Egmont
MM stories. After listing the contents of the Norwegian DD&Co for a few
weeks, I think I've given some sort of picture of it.

   Jorgen (who's waiting for a certain story with Donald and a pig)