Disney-comics digest #500.

James Williams James_Williams at ess.niaid.pc.niaid.nih.gov
Wed Nov 23 13:27:02 CET 1994

Wak!  Where's the limited edition, die-cut, gold foil, holographic,
poly-bagged with trading card, 500th anniversary issue.  Per, we gotta
teach you something about marketing. 500 issues and absolutely no fan
fare :)

Wilmer wrote about the definition of "waddie".  Am I the only who owns
a dictionary? :)  According to Webster's waddie is a western slang for
Cowboy.  It's first recorded use was in 1927 and its origin is unknown.
Based on the words surrounding waddie in Webster's, I'd guess that this
slang actually came from Australia.

Hence Gene Autrey is singing about loosing his girl to a cowboy from
San Antonio (i.e. a guy from the big city).  A rather common theme
in country western music.

James Williams