Rosa, Database, Barks in Holland, a French issue

Fredrik Ekman ekman at lysator.liu.se
Tue Oct 11 23:27:04 CET 1994

On Mon, 10 Oct 1994, H.W. Fluks wrote:
>   (I wish Jippes had drawn that story! I haven't seen it yet, but I'm
>   sure Jippes would have done a better job than Van Horn. Sorry Fredrik!)

No need to be sorry. I haven't seen it either, but I feel that I will
agree with everyone else that Van Horn shouldn't have been the one doing
this. He is the king of slapstick comics and this seems to be more like a
normal adventure tale.

> - 1964. Tony Strobl finally shows us the youth of Donald. As a little child,
>   he helped his grandparents on the farm. [Which story can this be?]

That sounds like the previously discussed "This is Your Life, Donald
Duck" to me. Although I don't remember seeing any Grandpa, Donald spent
his childhood years on Grandma's farm in that story.

And thanks for all the French names. Pity I didn't have them a week ago.
Now you'll have to wait for them to show up in the Names list.

I've also got some comments on the database, but I'll gather some more
ammunition before I dump them onto you. I'd just like to take the
opportunity to THANK you for all the marvellous work you have put into
this project!

  /Fredrik