Disney-comics digest #466.

Don Rosa 72260.2635 at compuserve.com
Wed Oct 19 04:42:59 CET 1994

PER:
	Of course I know you didn't write that "junk mail" that appeared
on the Digest, but I figured you had some control over what gets put in
here. You mean that everything that pops in the Digest does so
automatically without you having any way to stop it? That's scary. It
seems like telemarketers will soon get the idea to take over these
computer systems if they find out thay can start pumping it all full of
ads at other people's expense!

HARRY:
	Well, you got my goat with that comment about how it's easier to
quote passages of old messages when one is not so fluent in their
English. I have to confess that after talking and corresponding with you
Europeans for several years, I have gotten the impression that you speak
English effortlessly since you all do it so well ... better by far, in
fact, than most rural Kentuckians! And I always try to mention how
impressed I am by people who can speak two (or more!) languages since I
live in this society where people barely speak ONE very well.

JOHN:
	The problem with Gladstone's coloring is that they are not shown
proofs of the coloring before the job. There's only one color press in
America (unless things have changed) and they probably don't treat their
customers too well when they know those customers have no choice. And
you can imagine how little respect Gladstone gets from them since
Gladstone must be their smallest comic-book customer.