CompuServe

Fredrik Ekman ekman at lysator.liu.se
Tue Sep 13 12:56:12 CEST 1994

On Tue, 13 Sep 1994, Harry Fluks wrote:
> James:
> > FYI.  There is now a Disney comics section on CompuServe.
>
> What is the use of another D.comics forum? Are there CompuServe members
> that can't receive 'our' mailing list?
> Do CompuServe people want an own list to avoid the messages of some of
> us?

I could think of several reasons: It may be cheaper for CS members to use
their own service, CS is commercial and may decide that they make more
money this way (don't ask me how), CS may try to create a "better" list
in order to win more subscribers or (the most probable reason) the majority
of CS users (I would guess close to 100%) do not know of our existence.

That enough? I could probably summon up a few more.

  /Fredrik

PS. By the way, did anyone get my last message a few days ago? If I have
received it myself I must have deleted it without noticing. DS.