Who we are

Per Starback starback at Minsk.DoCS.UU.SE
Fri Sep 23 21:54:39 CEST 1994

I said I would send the list of subscribers of the list to the list,
as there seemed to be some interest in it, but on second thought I
won't as it's rather long and I guess most people in fact aren't
interested in it.  Tell me if I'm wrong.

Instead I will send it out on demand.  Here's the condensed version,
just showing our geographical distribution:

Currently the list has 135 subscribers, with the following domain
distribution: (I list all top domains, and subdomains with more than
one member.)  (Note that the info just comes from the addresses; where
you all really are located I don't know, of course.)

edu = USA, educational	26 (bu 2)
com = USA, commercial	35 (compuserve 9), aol 5, ge 2, microsoft 2)
gov = USA, government	 3
mil = USA, military	 2
us			 3
---------------------------
USA, total:		69

ca = Canada		 5
br = Brazil		 1
ve = Venezuela		 1

se = Sweden		16 (liu 2, uu 2)
fi = Finland		10 (hut 3, uta 2)
no = Norway		 8 (uio 3, sintef 2)
nl = Netherlands	 6
de = Germany		 5
it = Italy		 3
dk = Denmark		 2
ch = Switzerland	 1
ie = Ireland		 1
is = Iceland		 1
---------------------------
Europe, total:		53

au = Australia		 2
nz = New Zealand	 1

org = organizations	 1
net			 2

One of the Norwegian addresses is an automatic address that puts the
messages in a local "Usenet Newsgroup" where several people can read
it.  Another address is an automatic forwarder to Portal.  I have no
idea how many readers we have at those places.
Per Starback, Uppsala, Sweden.  email: starback at minsk.docs.uu.se
 "Life is but a gamble!  Let flipism chart your ramble!"