Dick Moores

James Williams James_Williams at ESS.NIAID.pc.niaid.nih.gov
Fri Sep 30 18:29:01 CET 1994

Mark,

>Gasoline Alley was created by Frank King around 1919.

Odd, I've read a bunch of and on Gasoline Alley and have never
seen Frank King mentiond.  Is Frank King by any chance the
person who also founded King Syndicates, the newspaper strip
syndication group?

>Moore's work on Gasoline Alley is incredible

Exactly.  I was reading his work on Gasoline Alley long before I
got to read any of his work on Mickey Mouse.  I cannot describe
how disappointed I was in his Mickey Mouse work.  Neither the
writing nor the artwork have any of the magic found in his
later work.

James Williams