Dwight and Mitch in digest #632.

M. Mitchell Marmel marmelmm at dunx1.ocs.drexel.edu
Mon Apr 10 16:03:12 CEST 1995

>equivalent, which means just "old"). "Gammel 88" is the name of
>the train. "Op een zijspoor" is something like "on a side track".

Okay, that makes sense.  Literally, "Ramshackle No. 88 on the Side Track,"
then.  Fits the story perfectly.

>I have no information about reprints. Our database does not list them
>(I copied the reprint data from Becattini's index).

Drat.

>What is a "period reprint title"?

The cheap Gold Key collections from the late '60s to early '70s. My mother
used to pick them up at the Two Guys (chain of stores similar to Carrefour)
in bags of 3 or 4 for 69 cents or thereabouts...

Mitch
M. Mitchell Marmel                \ Scattered, smothered, covered, chunked,
Drexel University                  \ whipped, beaten, chained and pierced.
Department of Materials Engineering \ *THE BEST HASHBROWNS IN THE WORLD!*
Fibrous Materials Research Laboratory\   marmelmm at dunx1.ocs.drexel.edu