Disney-comics digest #641.

Don Rosa donrosa at iglou.com
Thu Apr 20 07:22:00 CEST 1995

EISNER AWARDS:
        I should have waited a few hours before posting that previous
incomplete info about the Eisner awards. Here is the text of a letter FAXed
to John Clark today...

April 17, 1995

To: John Clark
    Gladstone Comics

From: Jackie Estrada, administrator - Will Eisner Comic Industry Awards

Congratulations! Gladstone is up for 5+ Eisner Awards this year! Here are
the categories:

BEST SERIALIZED STORY
        "The Life and Times of $crooge McDuck"

BEST CONTINUING SERIES
        UNCLE $CROOGE

BEST WRITER/ARTIST, HUMOR
        Don Rosa, "The Life and Times of $crooge McDuck"

BEST COLORING
        Susan Daigle-Leach, "The Life and Times of $crooge McDuck"

BEST LETTERING
        Todd Klein, for "Life and Times" plus projects for Dark Horse and DC

BEST COVER ARTIST
        Don Rosa, "The Life and Times of $crooge McDuck"

Can you please inform the creators and other people involved in this project
that they've been nominated? Ballots will be going out in a couple of weeks.

Note that this year the Eisner Awards ceremony will be on Friday night (July
28) of the San Diego Comic-Con, replacing the banquet. The awards will begin
at 8:30. I hope to see you there!

                                                Jackie

(end of FAX)

        I'm not sure exactly what is meant by the "Best Continuing Series"
nomination, whether that's for UNCLE $CROOGE comics in general, including
all the different stories in U$ and UNCLE $CROOGE ADVENTURES. Or if it is
meant to imply just the "Life and Times", since Jackie makes the reference
that all the listed nominations are going to a certain single "project". If
it's the former, then any award should be given to Carl Barks. If it's the
latter, then the award... should STILL probably be given mostly to Carl Barks.

        With that, I leave for WONDERCON and some comic store appearances in
Oakland/San Francisco for 5 days. I'll catch up with this Digest next Tuesday.