Cuthbert Coot

Per Starback starback at Minsk.DoCS.UU.SE
Thu Aug 10 20:45:32 CEST 1995

Danny asked Don:
> The thing I`m now interested in is what you think how Donald`s
> Uncle, that cowboy appeared in "Donald Learns the Ropes", WDC 55.

Why uncle?  He's called "cousin Cuthbert Coot" in the story.

> I think that he has to be Grandma Duck`s nephew,

Why?  As far as I can tell he could be anywhere on the tree.  On the
other hand he is indeed Grandma's nephews in Don's tree, so as you
two agree maybe you realize something I don't.  As far as I can see
there is no clue as to what kind of cousin he is in his only story
except his last name, Coot.  But that is the only indication there is
in the Barks canon that the Ducks are related to the Coots, right?
(And then perhaps to Cornelius Coot himself.)

In Don's tree Grandma's maiden name is Coot and she is indeed related
to Cornelius, but I don't know of anything to support that than that
Cuthbert cousin.  Is there?
Per Starback, Uppsala, Sweden.  email: starback at minsk.docs.uu.se
 "Life is but a gamble!  Let flipism chart your ramble!"