Disney-comics digest #750.

Don Rosa donrosa at iglou.com
Fri Aug 11 08:22:00 CEST 1995

>DANNY:
        It's impossible to make everyone happy, as we all know. You say you
were confused/displeased/whatever that I had $crooge get so rich so QUICKLY
(after 20 years of struggle?) because he was still hurtin' for money in "The
Old Castle's Secret". Other people (here on this forum, I believe) have said
they were displeased that I had $crooge get rich so SLOWLY as they had
always pictured him as becoming wealthy from the start due to always being
successful at whatever he did and saving every penny.
        But I can explain "The Old Castle's Secret". Not that we must be so
anal retentive as to explain every inconsistancy... but heck, I AM anal
retentive and it's FUN. But that was, I think, $crooge's second appearance,
and as noted in "Bear Mountain", he was still testing his newly found
nephews. He wanted to see if he could get them to help him find a lost
treasure, and not have to pay them anything. (Later he found he had to at
least pay 30 cents per hour. #$%&@!)

DANIEL:
        I have no fear of being swamped with E-Mail. But... maybe you're
right. Give out the address of our Disney Comics group here. That way we can
all chat.

CHRISTINA AND PEKKA:
        I look forward to shaking your hands and inflicting you with an
autograph or two when I also visit Goodfellow's comic store in Helsinki in
November. See you there.