Daniel,Ole,Don,Art,Frank in digest #756.

fumetti@alpcom.it fumetti at alpcom.it
Thu Aug 17 14:56:19 CEST 1995

>FRANK:
>> The Italian artist who I
>> think has been doing best in 1995 is definitely Massimo De Vita.
>
>If I remember well, this artist made awful drawings in th 60s or 70s.
>How come some Italians change their drawing style so drastically? For
>instance, Romano Scarpa was very good in the 50s, and then he started
>drawing VERY ugly Ducks in the 60s!
>Does the Italian editor demand style changes from time to time?

The Walt Disney Italy (and Mondadori before) does not ask us to change style
in this way: the changes you noted are due to the artist's personal changes.
For example, Massimo De Vita changed style many times before he founded his
own style (you can see samples on our pages: http://www.alpcom.it/fumetti/).

>ALL
Can someone tell me who did art and text of a story (D 9004 : Le Jugement de
Paris) I found on "Le Journal de Mickey" and if there are other stories
dwelling in Italy? This is a story in Sicily (maybe a too old style
Sicily...). Well drawn. Thanks.
Gianfranco Goria, cartoonist and comics divulger: goria at inrete.alpcom.it
president of Anonima Fumetti - Italian  cartoonists society: fumetti at alpcom.it
http://www.alpcom.it/fumetti/