Disney-comics digest #759.

Don Rosa donrosa at iglou.com
Sun Aug 20 07:42:00 CEST 1995

>KATHY:

        Thanks for the complements -- after all those kind words, I'm so
sorry to have caused you trouble with any missing "D.U.C.K."s. But in this
case you might blame Gladstone. I didn't start putting those dedications on
covers until recently, and the cover you refer to was a REPRINT from 1988.
(I wish they hadn't reused that old cover -- any of my work more than a year
old looks AWFUL to me and I would have gladly redrawn that cover for free
just to not see the old one again.)
        Still, I currently don't put D.U.C.K. into some covers if the cover
is not based on a Barks story or one of my own. I guess I really should
ALWAYS put it in there since otherwise I'll make people crazy.

        If you'd like to see any of my old stories reprinted, you need to
write to Gladstone, not me... but sounds like you've done that, eh? I have
no control over publishers reprinting my work anywhere in the world, and
it's all I can do just to find out about it myself so I can try to get my
own copies. If you can wait, Gladstone will begin reprinting all of my
stories in album form in about  1 1/2 years or so.>