Disney-comics digest #758.

Gilbert Roser efferd at cs.tu-berlin.de
Thu Aug 24 15:17:28 CEST 1995

DON:

> LUTZ:
>         Whatever opinion you may have of your German Disney publishers,
> don't lump the weekly comic publisher together with the album publisher.
> Those are virtually two entirely separate companies, not even located in the
> same city. They are two publishers owned by a common corporation (Egmont).
> Surely they hobnob to some extent, but the workforces and editorial staffs
> and ideas are completely separate.

The German publisher of the weeklies and albums is the same ,Ehapa,
which is part of Egmont. But the responsible editorial staffs are
different for newsstand publications (e.g. Micky Maus weeklies, Donald
Duck Sonderhefte, the pocketbooks like Lustige Taschenbuecher and the
cheaper softcover albums like Die besten Geschichten of Donald Duck) and
bookstore publications (e.g. Don Rosa series, German CBL series, Donald
Duck newspaper strip series in hardcover).
Some albums are published bei Delphin which is part of Ehapa and the
comic books "Ich,Micky" and so on ("Io Topolino" a.o.) were published by
Bertelsmann, later by Ehapa and Horizont.

DWIGHT:
> I was wondering if The Aristocats had been released on
> video yet in Europe. I'm particularly interested in the
> German version.
The Aristocats are on the shelf in Germany since March 1995 and still
available.

> Are Volumes IV through VI of the German Life
> of Scrooge album-series out by this time...?)

The Volumes IV and V are on the shelf by now. Volume VI is anounced for
September 1995. But until now every part of the LoS series was first
published in Micky Maus and the last parts are still to publish. Therfore
I don't know if Ehapa will hold on to this releasing date.
But finally the Germans will get to read the whole Life of Scrooge
series, too.

-- Gilbert