Marvel/Tomato/Jay/Gif/List...

Arthur_de_Wolf wolfman at pi.net
Fri Aug 25 04:20:01 CEST 1995

Hi!

I bought some Disney Marvel Comics today. I had never seen them before,
but they look quite impressive. When I compare these Marvel Comics
with the new layout of the Gladstone comics (with the recycled paper),
I like the Marvels better. Ofcourse the Gladstones are the ones,
which have THE stories everyone wants, like Rosa and Barks. But
the covers of the Marvel comics are very bright! Fortunately,
it's not the cover that counts. It's the -stories- that are
important. In that view, I prefere the Gladstones!

My view:
I think, Marvel is a much larger company. They have all these X-Men
and Spiderman comics. That way, they can afford to have these good-
looking covers. Or are these Marvel comics more popular in the States?
Compared to the ones from Gladstone. Is that true?

What's with this 'Disney Comic Hits!'? Is it a replacement of 'Beauty
and the Beast', 'Disney Afternoon', 'Little Mermaid' and 'Aladdin'? Or
is it a news series.

HARRY:
>> Disney-Comics at student.docs.uu.se?
> Yes, it is. It's just a different address of the same mailbox,

So you could practically use every word you'd like in stead of 'Minsk'?
Like: 'Disney-Comics at MList.Docs.UU.SE' or 'Disney-Comics at Tomato.Docs.UU.SE'?

DWIGHT:
> ...we pronounce "Mayer" and "Majer" so differently. They might
> seem similar to you because you pronounce the "j" as a "y," but we
> do pronounce the "j" very differently and very distinctly.

I'm sorry! I didn't know that. You're right about the "j" and "y", I
do pronounce them the same in English. When I use them in _words_ that
is! As seperate letters, I always pronounce the "j" like "jay" (like
Jay Leno) and the "y" like "why".

GIAFRANCO:
> Can you send me an attached .GIF file with the covers of the China and
> India Disney comics? I can transilterate them...

I don't have a scanner myself. I'd have to go to someone else to do it.
It could take a while, but I'll let you know when I have the .GIF files!

DAVE:
> Albania, Belgium, Belo-Russia, Croatia, Denmark, France, Germany,
> Greece, Italy, Lithuania, Macedonia, Malaysia, Mexico, Netherlands,
> Norway, Portugal, Russia, Slovenia, Spain, Sweden, United States...

Oh! I didn't know of Albania, Belo-Russia, Croatia, Lithuania and Maced.,
as being Comics-publishing countries! Thanx for the info.
It would make my list look like this:

- Albania	(???)
- Argantina	(El Pato Donald/...)
- Australia	(Unknown [not anymore]/...)
- Belgium	(Mickey Magazine/...)
- Belo-Russia 	(???)
- Brazil	(Ze Carioca/Pato Donald/...)
- Bulgaria	(???)
- China		(Mickey Mouse [in Chinese writing]/...)
- Croatia 	(???)
- Denmark	(Anders And & Co/...)
- Egypt		(Mickey [in Egyptian writing]/...)
- Faeroe Islands(They have their own CBL/...)
- Finland	(Aku Ankka/...)
- France	(Le Journal de Mickey/Picsou/...)
- Germany	(Micky Maus/Donald Duck Sonderheft/...)
- Great Brittain(Mickey and Friends/...)
- Greece	(Komix/Megalo Miky/Miku Maous/...)
- Holland	(Donald Duck Weekblad/...)
- Hungaria	(???)
- Iceland	(Anders O"nd/...)
- India		(Disney-something/...)
- Indonesia     (Donal Bebek/...)
- Italy		(Topolino/...)
- Lapland	(???)
- Lithuania	(???)
- Macedonia	(???)
- Malaysia	(Donald Duck Adventures [Malaysian Edition]/...)
- Mexico	(Pato Donald/Daisy/...)
- Norway	(Donald Duck & Co/Onkel Skrue/...)
- Poland	(???)
- Portugal	(Pato Donald/Margarita/...)
- Russia	(Mukku Mayc/...)
- Slovenia	(???)
- Spain		(Pato Donald/Mickey/...)
- Sweden  	(Kalle Anka & Co/...)
- Turkey	(Dunyasi/...)
- USA		(Uncle Scrooge/Walt Disney's Comics and Stories/...)

> Is there a comprehensive list somewhere?

I wish I knew. The only list I have is the one I just showed you.

--Arthur.