Tomatoes

Per Starback starback at Minsk.DoCS.UU.SE
Mon Aug 28 17:22:58 CEST 1995

I'm a bit behind with my list reading, so I read Arthur's question
about a supposedly different mailing list on Disney comics only
recently.  Actually "student" is an alias for "minsk" and
student.docs.uu.se will probably continue to be the correct
machine to send mail to students at docs.uu.se to even after the
physical computer "minsk" is gone, and that's why I gave the address
with "student" instead of "minsk" before.  I changed that because
people got confused when I said that the list address was one thing
and they saw something else in their mails all the time.

So the address in that book isn't incorrect, just currently not my
preferred way to mention the address.  The information on the list
though is totally wrong as already mentioned.  I know the same
erroneous info is in a book called the Internet Yellow Pages as well.
I don't know who copied whom and where they got it from in the
beginning, but many subscription requests say that they want to
subscribe to the "comics and cartoon mailing list".

No wonder many people want to unsubscribe immediately, as they think
the list is something else than it is.  (And unsubscriptions should
of course be sent to the administrative address of the list:
disney-comics-REQUEST at minsk.docs.uu.se.)

Per Starback, Uppsala, Sweden.  email: starback at minsk.docs.uu.se
 "Life is but a gamble!  Let flipism chart your ramble!"